"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them" - Marylin Monroe

Tuesday 27 April 2010

The King Blues

I had a fantastic evening last night when I went to see a band at my local venue called 'The King Blues'. I went to see them at Exeter Pheonix, which is relatively small, especially in comparison to the thousands they played to at V festival this summer, but it made for a really personal friendly gig. 
They sing about subject matters they are really passionate about, racism, sexism, as well as just for a bit of fun. The cover of Dizzee Rascal's 'Bonkers' was one of the highlights of the night, the sound was completely different to the original version but it really got the crowd going, the heavy bass-line and Jonny Fox's punk voice really complimented each other.The atmosphere was great and they are definitely a band to go and see live. Look out for them in a venue near you.


Unfortunately I left my camera in my bag in the locker-room but here's a video from you-tube to give you an idea of what they are life.







Us after the gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers